Hazardous Environment Hoists
Five frame sizes in capacities from 1 to 25 Ton
Acco Material Handling Solutions specializes in producing a wide variety of wire rope hoists for use in hazardous environments. The New Century Series® Speedway® and Work-Rated® models can be ordered for specific Class, Group and Division applications.
• Motors & brakes labeled for the environment for which they are designedAcco New Century wire rope hoists include:
• Intrinsically safe limit switches, eliminating the needs for bulky limit switch housings
• NEMA rated control enclosure that is labeled for the environment for which they are designed
– Electrical fittings that meet or exceed the environmental requirements
• Single speed and two speed controllers are available for all classifications noted
– Variable frequency drive controls are also available for most classifications
• Control pendants can be either in a NEMA 7/9 enclosure or in a NEMA 4X enclosure with intrinsically safe controls
• Download the brochure for more details!
Hoists can be ordered for the following environments:
FLAMMABLE GASES /VAPORS – Class 1
• Groups C & D, Division 1
• Groups B, C, & D, Division 2
COMBUSTIBLE DUSTS – Class 2
• Groups E, F, & G, Divisions 1 & 2
Definition of CLASS, GROUP and DIVISION:
CLASS 1 –
Locations where flammable gases or vapors are or may be present in the air in quantities sufficient to produce explosive or ignitable mixtures
CLASS 2 –
Locations where flammable dusts are or may be present in the air in quantities sufficient to produce explosive or ignitable mixtures
GROUP B – Hydrogen, etc.
GROUP C – Ethyl-ether, ethylene, etc.
GROUP D – Gasoline, hexane, naphtha, propane, alcohol, etc.
GROUP E – Metallic dust
GROUP F – Carbon black, coal, coke, etc.
GROUP G – Flour starch grain, etc.
DIVISION 1 –
Where combustible gases, vapors, or dusts are always present under normal operating conditions
DIVISION 2 –
Where combustible gases, vapors, or dusts may be present under abnormal operating conditions
SPARK RESISTANT OPTIONS
Electrical classifications are just that. By specifying a Class, Group, & Division, you are simply requesting the required components for the electrical equipment provided on the hoist. Spark resistant options are strictly for the mechanical portion of the hoist, and may or may not be required for your application. Bronze & stainless steel trolley wheels, stainless steel wire rope, bronze & stainless steel load hooks with stainless steel latch, bronze coated hook with stainless steel latch are the most common mechanical options.
OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE
• Upper/lower geared limit switch
• Intrinsically safe trolley travel limit switch
• Tagline tow arm
• Audible or visual indicators
• Radio controls
• Trolley ACM
• Trolley brake